Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Greed

A ravenous appetite for an empathizing soul
An unquenchable thirst for the knowledge of the whole
A strong desire to swim across the sea to the mole

I covetously search for a person, inorder to reveal
Unspoken truths, to remove the unhindered veil
To let him/her know how lonely I feel, how abandoned I feel

I pine for a being, who could pull me out from the depths of the abyss
I pine for a being, who could defend me from the serpent's * kiss
I pine for a being, who could permeate this void with nothing but bliss


I beseech the Almighty, to liberate me from the shackles of this treacherous quagmire
I yearn for 'the water' in my life to extinguish the revolting fire
I beseech the Almighty to come out in the open, clothed in a humanoid attire

I crave for a shoulder to cry on, a shoulder like no other
A person, who in my difficult times would act like the tether
Oh Almighty, bless this bereaved soul with a brother**


P.S : I didn't do much work on this poem. Just spent about 10 minutes on it. Pardon me. I know I did not do justice to it. Did not want to leave this page empty for long :)

* Serpent as in a sly and treacherous person

** Brother, not in the literal sense. Brother as in an associate or a companion

9 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

refer previous comments in this page..but i understood this fully though!! without a dictionary..

one small step for me one giant leap for....ME!!

May 8, 2007 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger Priya Iyer said...

great job.....very well written....liked it :-)

May 8, 2007 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger aditya said...

does it have to rhyme? the rhyme spoils the whole thng.
greed, an emotion,
greed a feeling.
greed a need,
beyond sane need.
you seem to be talking more about need than greed! there s no excess.

May 9, 2007 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Sathej said...

Really nice!A great effor in 10 minutes!
Sathej

May 9, 2007 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Priya Arun said...

:-) all you need is a friend, my dear! one good friend.

You've penned it down really well..but I kinda agree with Aditya.. does it have to rhyme? a free verse would be nice too..

then again, the words are only the tools for the poet..the soul of a poem is always the thought, the idea, the image in the poet's mind.. and that image of yours is beautiful beyond words :-)

May 10, 2007 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger Sathej said...

Looking forward to your next piece(After your exams of course!)
Sathej

May 14, 2007 at 11:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sea of world's, come crashing down upon my head,
Thrashing and crashing, and forcing the ebb!
Tracks in the sand, as they do so tread,
Hoping and yearning this final feared dread!
Wasteful as useless, is man's greedy plan,
Killing and taking, all that he can!

May 16, 2007 at 2:35 AM  
Blogger Mathangi Thiagarajan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 7, 2007 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Mathangi Thiagarajan said...

Hi nithya! came here thro sathej's blog.. very well written! keep them coming!

June 7, 2007 at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com