Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Let there be Light

I see light,light at the end of the tunnel.
A faint beam of light in a dusky cave.
The rays weren't bright....Nor were they intense
Did I really see Light or was it phantasmagoria ?

I see light, light at the end of the tunnel.
Light that imbues buoyancy in me
Light that restores my faith
Light that injects courage into my anaemic veins.

I saw that light, light at the end of the tunnel.
After a long spell of darkness-
Darkness, that had eclipsed this optical conduit.
The psyche in me underwent a change from obscurity to clarity.

I wallowed in the glory of having perceived that light
I savoured that moment of having witnessed that spectacle -
Light waves creeping through the anfractuouos crevices of that long tunnel
I exulted, when I realized that I had discovered HOPE.

Let there be LIGHT...


P.S : My poetry writing skills are going down the drain. Sorry for this pathetic attempt. I wanted to prevent this blog from dying and decaying. That's the reason why I wrote this derisory piece. This is what I call Amphigory.

P.P.S : Please forgive me if I have done any punctuation errors. I am pretty bad at punctuations, especially when it comes to poetry writing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha...u know that was very ordinary for ur standards and a bit too high for mine :P

tryin to breathe life into this eh...keep goin, get ur creative juices flowing...ull be there ;)

January 10, 2007 at 4:42 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

totally agree with shrey.....but u used anfractuous.....he he....ill give u a lollipop sure..rite now lickin one!!!!

me gonna write some poetry too....the beach did something to me!!

January 10, 2007 at 6:22 AM  
Blogger Priya Arun said...

Bravo! :-) Are you sure your poetic skills are going down the drain? I don't think so.

P.S: I don't believe in modesty ;-P (Im winking with my tongue out, fyi) :-)

January 30, 2007 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Nithya said...

Hey thanks Priya...Noticed your comment just now :)

Nah...I ain't being modest :D

February 1, 2007 at 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com