Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Jinxed

In a safe,secure and sheltered place I live,
Gratified with the nourishment,that my host gives.
Conceived and nurtured in a cherubic concoction,
Oh Redeemer ! Never give way to a rift in this affliation.

A pall of an intricate gauzy fabric,
Disclosed to me that the day was thick -
Thick with the habitual procedure of my,being pampered.
My host,for the kind of genteel soul,that she is,never,with me,tampered.

But little did I realize,what The Liberator had in store for me,
I could feel,feel my host sans her usual glee.
I could get wind of what was happening alfresco - A melee.
I could feel my host convulscing to meet an old-ager,who was wily.

I was being suckled,when the inexorable befell.
I could intuit that an apocalypse was beginning to dwell.
My host was made to swig a melange in large measure,
Towards me surged a cascade,cutting through the cells of my armature.

I gasped....I choked...I writhed in pain.
I tried to endure it but in vain.
I was deprived of the elixir,that my host supplied me with.
I felt I was drifting,drifting away from my host,kin and kith.

I screamt....I wept....I cried my eyes out....
Nobody harkened to my wail and shout.
I was on my way back.........back to my home - 'Utopia' ,
With mixed emotions bunging up my heart,off to meet the Messiah.

Nobody cared for me...nobody had a soft spot for me.
Nobody...except for my Mother,my host and my protector.
She wailed....She blubbed.....She created a ruckus...
She had lost the umblical contact,with me,her female foetus.

Inspiration drawn from this website.

P.S : This picture, a view of a foetus,present in the mother's womb,is a piece of art by Leonardo Da Vinci.

15 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

i need translator tools for this..[:|]

December 14, 2006 at 12:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

umm...was the poem in english...my dictionary is kinda clueless.. btw i luuuuuuuuvd the last line...

December 15, 2006 at 6:19 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

hey..u know what..im gonna write a poem...A LARGE INTESTINE"S VIEW OF LIFE...guess where the idea came???

December 15, 2006 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Nithya said...

@ Aksh---> Thanks yaar..."my dictionary is kinda clueless"
er...good/bad comment ?????

@ Sharan ---> Comedy a irukku la en poem ? un kitta poi link a kuduthene enna sollanum

December 15, 2006 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

he he lol..nope...i jus got the idea while in the loo...

December 16, 2006 at 2:00 AM  
Blogger VAISHNAVI RAVI said...

The situation is getting really pathetic.....read this....


Lakshmi already had one daughter, so when she gave birth to a second girl, she killed her. For the three days of her second child's short life, Lakshmi admits, she refused to nurse her. To silence the infant's famished cries, the impoverished village woman squeezed the milky sap from an oleander shrub, mixed it with castor oil, and forced the poisonous potion down the newborn's throat. The baby bled from the nose, then died soon afterward. Female neighbors buried her in a small hole near Lakshmi's square thatched hut of sunbaked mud. They sympathized with Lakshmi, and in the same circumstances, some would probably have done what she did. For despite the risk of execution by hanging and about 16 months of a much-ballyhooed government scheme to assist families with daughters, in some hamlets of ... Tamil Nadu, murdering girls is still sometimes believed to be a wiser course than raising them. "A daughter is always liabilities. How can I bring up a second?" Lakshmi, 28, answered firmly when asked by a visitor how she could have taken her own child's life eight years ago. "Instead of her suffering the way I do, I thought it was better to get rid of her." (All quotes from Dahlburg, "Where killing baby girls 'is no big sin'.")


The people below the poverty line are inexorably bound to the deplorable belief that a girl child is an unwelcome onus. And they are willing to justify this god-awful deed.....

December 16, 2006 at 2:02 AM  
Blogger VAISHNAVI RAVI said...

And the poem is inexplicably good!!!

December 16, 2006 at 2:03 AM  
Blogger VAISHNAVI RAVI said...

naan comment panna naraya pannaraen illa??? :D

December 16, 2006 at 2:04 AM  
Blogger VAISHNAVI RAVI said...

my mom really appreciates this poem.......she dint understand what it was all about until the last line....coming to that neither did i :D

December 16, 2006 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger Nithya said...

@ vaish ---> that was pathetic..that story on Lakshmi and her second kid...Let these ppl rot in hell

December 16, 2006 at 2:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hehe...dint realise how open the statement was... ;-)) was tooooooo good...well, as usual.. :-))

December 16, 2006 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Nithya said...

Thanks Aksh....guess where i'm typing this frm ????

Big Deal !

December 17, 2006 at 2:23 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

well..is this poem the only one of this blog??you ask us to visit it..then all we get is jinxed??? :O

December 24, 2006 at 7:30 PM  
Blogger Nithya said...

Sharan...me have no time to write poems now...adhukellam konjam tranquility theva...u ask me to write a poem ippo, i can write stuff on E waste, chromatography, Plastics and environmental hazards...adhu thaangadhu..so i think next poem only in the next yr :D

December 24, 2006 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger Vidya said...

Haunting.

February 20, 2007 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

designed by finalsense.com